How to Apply
1. Complete the online application form.
2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment of the application fee.
3. Arrange for original college transcripts to be sent to us at: Seacoast Center Box 292 Warren ME 04864.
4. Provide three references in support of your ability to benefit from our program. Two references must be from people who have known you in a professional setting. One may be a personal reference. Recommendations are submitted online via a form on the Tools menu of our web site.
5. Upload a statement of 300 words or so describing your interest in becoming a Montessori educator to Submitting Assignments under the Tools menu.
Seacoast Center accepts applications throughout the year for entrance into our summer programs. In order to maintain the quality of life in our small setting we do limit class sizes and encourage early enrollment.
Candidates for elementary certification must hold at least a US Bachelor's degree or its equivalent. A degree in Education is not required. Degrees granted outside the United States must be evaluated for equivalence; this is at the student's own expense. We can offer advice on this process if it is necessary.
Candidates for Elementary I (6-9) certification must possess Early Childhood (2 1/2-6) certification from a MACTE-accredited institution OR undertake a 40 hour overview for that level which includes basic theory, methodology, and curricula. This overview must be documented before we are able to recommend candidates for certification. It is recommended but not required that the overview precede the beginning of the first academic summer. A private overview is acceptable (see Early Childhood Overview Guidelines.pdf) Please contact our office for information on how you may meet this requirement.
Candidates for the Elementary I-II (6-12) credential must hold an AMS Elementary I (6-9) credential or have completed all requirements for that level at an approved program or institution. Candidates who are currently working in Elementary II classrooms may register as Elementary I-II students and request to take curriculum classes for that level before completing EL I. Certification in these cases requires eventual completion of all EL I-II course work.
Individuals wishing to take components of either the Elementary I or Elementary II program without intention of certification will be considered on a space-available basis.